It was a glorious day for the Diocese of El Camino Real as the Rev. Lucinda Beth Ashby was consecrated as our Fourth Bishop on Saturday, January 11. The trilingual service was held at St. Andrew’s, Saratoga, before a congregation of 500+, including 25+ bishops from around the Episcopal Church. Our Presiding Bishop, the Most Rev. Michael Bruce Curry, presided, and the Rev. Dr. John L. Kater preached. We also bid a tearful goodbye to our beloved Bishop Mary Gray-Reeves, as she passed the crozier (shepherd’s staff) to her successor and they shared a warm embrace. A festive reception followed. Welcome, Bishop Lucinda!
- Jewel From the Prayer Book December 10, 2020
- A Liturgical Recap of Worship in Pandemic December 9, 2020
- On the Pilgrim’s Path: Seeing Christ December 9, 2020
- Signs of the Times: Advent December 6, 2020
- Outreach Team Update February 14, 2020